Minerals are the foundation of proper hydration, as maintaining them in optimal levels helps with oxygenation throughout the body. Most people don’t realise how truly important hydration is for every system in your body to function properly. Having enough water and being hydrated increases cell function, circulates blood, flushes out toxins, helps carry oxygen and nutrients to skin cells, and also can help you lose weight and increase your metabolism.
The Mask Supreme 7-in-1 multi-tasking miracle helps to intelligently reinforce your skin’s natural defence system, getting straight to work at restoring the delicate balance of the flora and leaves your complexion deeply hydrated, replenished and intensely benefit from the Oleosome technology both instantly and overtime.
.Beautiful and hydrating, the watermelon is made up of 90% water and is naturally high in electrolytes like potassium and magnesium, which help your body maintain a healthy fluid balance. A member of the melon family, it gets its brilliant red colour from high levels of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant also found in tomatoes, and fabulous for skin. This is a wonderful and refreshing recipe that we found from Mind, Body and Green, infusing water with mineral-rich watermelon creates nature’s perfect electrolyte balancer with this colourful, fun elixir for the skin.
Makes 4 cups
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- Juice and rind of ½ a lime
- 20 basil leaves or 2 large sprigs (use variegated basil for a more beautiful elixir)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 4 cups water
- In a quart-size jar, layer all of the ingredients starting with the watermelon, then fill the jar with water.
- Seal the jar and let sit in the refrigerator anywhere from 3 to 24 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, pour the liquid into a glass, leaving the solid ingredients in the jar.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Image credit: artist: